Our Strategy 2017-2019
Our Strategy sets out how Healthwatch Dorset will champion the interests of those who use health and social care services in Dorset over the next two years.
There is significant expectation about what Healthwatch Dorset could and should achieve, as we cover both health and social care and represent the interests of both adults and children. It is therefore essential for us to have a clear strategy that focuses our energies on the activities that will deliver most impact for the people of Dorset – a strategy that also acknowledges our unique role as the independent local consumer champion for health and social care.
Our strategic objectives are to:
- Support people who need to use health and social care services in Dorset by providing an effective Information and Signposting Service
- Engage with people, communities, groups and organisations across Dorset to proactively seek participation and feedback on how to improve health and social care services
- Influence effectively the quality of health and social care services commissioned and provided for people living in Dorset
For each of these objectives, our Strategy sets out:
- What we plan to do;
- What result we expect; and
- How we will know if we have achieved this objective
Each year, we will also agree priorities for the forthcoming year, as well as a programme of work to address these agreed priorities. These will be set out in our Annual Work Programme and will be undertaken alongside the ongoing delivery of the local Healthwatch service.
The Local Healthwatch service is delivered by our three service delivery partners: Help and Care (H&C), Citizens Advice in Dorset (CAiD) and Dorset Race Equality Council (DREC).