Healthwatch Dorset will be the ‘voice of the people’, coordinating and bringing together people’s views and experiences to improve Health and Social Care Services. It will be:
- A well led, high quality organisation that is effectively organised and managed
- Well known, independent, trusted and accessible to everyone, operating seamlessly across Bournemouth, Dorset and Poole
- Influential and respected by decision-makers and service providers.
Our Mission is to
- Support Individuals - by providing an Information and Signposting Service for those who need to use health and social care services
- Engage with Communities - by reaching out to people, communities, groups and organisations to encourage them to provide feedback on local health and care services and to proactively seek their participation in the improvement of health and social care services provided to people in Dorset
- Influence Providers and Commissioners of Health and Care Services - by presenting options for service improvement and building a case for change based on evidence derived from the bringing together and analysis of all the feedback received.
In achieving our Vision and Mission in Dorset we will be: